Tuesday, October 12, 2010

13 Tips on How to Be Successful Paparazzi


Jenny Jones, a freelance celebrity photographer in Los Angeles, gives Behind The Flash inside tips on how to break through the paparazzi pack

1. Stay unnoticed: “Ninety eight percent of what I do is exclusive, I’m usually hiding trying to catch the celebrity doing whatever they do naturally.”

2. Your car is your best friend: “I stay in my car to get the best shots…even if it’s 108 degrees outside.”

3. Stay away from the paparazzi pack: “I don’t hang around courthouses.”

4. Have a good memory: “I can spot a license plate on the freeway. I can also spot dogs and nannies.”

5. Don’t be afraid to expose people: “If you’re doing something messed up, I’ll take your picture.”

6. It’s good to be a woman: “I can go to hotels, no one would ever assume (I’m a paparazzi). I just say taking pictures is a hobby if asked.  It’s kind of brilliant, very women power.”

7. It’s okay to be human: “If I’m not comfortable with a photo, I’ve left. Especially if there is no story there.”

8. There needs to be meaning behind the photo: “ It has to be story driven, those make the most money. For example, maybe someone is not wearing their wedding ring.”

9. Have passion for what you do: “Everyday I love it. If I didn’t get any money I would still do it. I always keep a camera with me because I see celebs everywhere.”

10. Don’t underestimate the business: “Sometimes it’s so hard, a lot of people can’t do it.”

11. Stay tough: “Have balls of steel, work hard, and go for it. If you can’t spot you will be in the pack.”

12. Keep informed: “ I read everything and watch all the entertainment shows.”

13. Freelance is freedom: “I’m self employed, I’m no one’s doormat.”



No comments:

Post a Comment